Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Halloween Challenge


Years ago, my co-worker Kimberly had a go-to Halloween costume every year -- Glinda the Good Witch. It was perfect for her, since she had long, wavy blond hair.

Then one year, she panicked a week before Halloween -- she had recently cut her hair super-short and dyed it red, completely forgetting about Glinda. So she had to run out and buy a wig or the costume would have seemed, um, schizophrenic to say the least.

Which started me thinking -- since I have no traditional go-to costume for Halloween (my most favorite of holidays as you may know!), what works with a shaved head? Might as well capitalize on the opportunity and have some fun with this.

How much hair will I have 6 weeks after the big shave? No idea.

Help!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to all who posted costume suggestions on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/fahouryink

    Leading contenders thus far:

    Sinead O'Connor
    Dr. Evil from Austin Powers

    Also appreciated the joint suggestions for Ray & me: The Coneheads or Blue Man Group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got it....Q-Tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Conehead idea - you can use Harry's go to costum - President of the Hair Club for Men - but in your case - ex-president.

    ReplyDelete